52 Weeks to Go
This week I turned 29. Twenty nine. It sounds terribly old to me right now. As is tradition, which is millennial speak for 'for the second time' my friends and I put together a list of things to achieve before I turn thirty.
I thought it might be fun as my first post to share the reason this blog exists at all... so the things I am going to achieve before Nov-28 next year are...
I thought it might be fun as my first post to share the reason this blog exists at all... so the things I am going to achieve before Nov-28 next year are...
- Put $100 on black at the casino
- Complete Plastic Free July
- Complete the City to Surf
- Host a 3 course dinner, cooking all new recipes
- Write a letter of appreciation to someone new every month
- Make a piece of clothing (optional extra: for all my friends)
- Do a course on something (not university)
- Write a weekly blog
- Go on an adventure
- Read 10 new "classic" books
So as you can see I am starting to fulfil the blog component! There is nothing on this list that scares me particularly... other than the City to Surf. I am the opposite of a fit person, so it will be a challenge. It's essentially a 14km fun run, it's not until August though so I will start training now!
I will use this blog to update on my progress so far and also share other experiences about approaching the big 3-0.
For funzies, I'm also going to try and achieve the things I didn't complete from my 29th Birthday List...
- Drink $100 bottle of wine (done)
- Go to New Zealand
- Hot air balloon ride
- Dye hair purple
- Swim with sharks or snorkel or scuba dive (done)
- Do some street art (done)
- Go to the casino and play roulette
- Paddle board (done)
- Learn a new skill (done)
- Say yes to everything for a month - June (done)
- Go to Melbourne
- Give back to society (done)
Bonus items from last year
- Get Adrian's face tattooed on my body (done)
- Invent my own cocktail (done)
- Drink a long island iced tea (done)
Wish me luck vacant emptyness of the Internet.
Comments
Post a Comment