A Week In My Wardrobe
Tbh, I’m running out of blog ideas that don’t revolve around
my inability to have healthy relationships with men, or alcohol, so I’m turning
to other bloggers for ideas, and this one seemed low effort… so here goes.
Sunday
I have two variations of weekend outfit, jeans and cute top,
or jeans and plain top. It doesn’t really vary much from there, and who doesn’t
love jeans? This outfit is interesting because it spans almost a decade of my
fashion choices. The newest piece, the shirt, was bought in Myer just a few
weeks ago, the jeans about three years ago in City Chic and the cardigan in
Target more than nine years ago. How’s that for a sustainable wardrobe? Although... this photo is in the K-Mart change rooms, not exactly a hallmark of sustainability.
Monday
This dress is a new purchase, bought on a whim, on sale,
without even trying it on. It’s a Trent Nathan wrap dress, and in theme with my
new obsession navy and white polka dots. There are three other dresses ridiculously
similar to this in my wardrobe. Yes, I need them all. This picture (along with
majority of my outfit selfies) was taken in my office lift, because it’s the
only full length mirror in my life. See if you can spot how close I get to
Level 1 before I get into dangerous, getting caught selfie-ing territory!
Tuesday
Another day, another lift selfie. This outfit is fun, it’s a
dress from Tokito and cardigan from Review. The reason it’s fun is my bestie
owns the same dress in a slightly different pattern, and somehow we always rock
up to things both wearing the dress. One time, we both came to trivia in the
same dress, same boots, same scarf and same cardigan. Twinsies! I wouldn’t have
it any other way. In this pic, I’m also wearing the greatest purchase of all
time, my sneaky gum boots. They look like fancy patent leather boots, nope,
plastic gum boots to keep my feet dry! Winning at life over here.
Wednesday
Wrap-Dress Wednesday, well every day is wrap dress day for
me at the moment. This emerald green City Chic number is dear to my heart
because it’s purchase embodies my life right now. I’m trying to save money to
buy a house, so I do this thing where I shop online, add heaps of things to my
shopping cart and then exit before buying anything. Except the other night I
forgot to exit when I was done, and so drunken me decided to buy 5 dresses and
a pair of shoes at 2am while waiting for a cab. Let me tell you, I was so
surprised when that package came in the mail. But drunk me has great taste, so
I went with it.
Thursday
Another sustainable outfit choice, rocking a skirt that’s
almost five years old and still going strong. Although if you look closely you’ll
see that it’s stapled almost two inches smaller by my work pass because it
technically doesn’t fit me anymore – the downside to getting healthy. The skirt
Basque, and the jumper from Review, and the picture taken in the Myer change rooms because my name is Karen and I have a shopping addiction.
Friday
I didn’t go to the office today, so there’s no lift vanity
selfie, but instead a gym selfie. Here I have paired Running Bare tights with a
Cotton On Body long sleeve grey shirt. I’ve accessorised with a face so red it
could control traffic. I’ve been exercising steadily for more than eight months
now, but still always end up looking like a beetroot for hours after… at least
I know my circulation is still working.
Saturday
Winery tour day! I wanted to look stylish, but be comfortable,
do you think I pulled it off? Here I am wearing my go to, jeans and a plain top,
but jazzing it up with a poncho from H&M and accessorising with two freshly
purchased bottles of Rosé. This outfit was so comfortable it may be repeated a
few more times across future weekends! Plus, I bought this poncho years ago
from H&M and never got into it, glad to see it getting some love now. Also appreciate how white I am in the light of day, that photo's not edited, I am just a human light reflector.
Well, there you have it. What it looks like to be me for a
week. In summary, cute but exceptionally vain.







Comments
Post a Comment